For the purpose of this policy, the following terms shall have the meaning set forth hereafter:
- Cookie or Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a mobile device or computer) when you visit a website.
- Own Cookies are cookies that are placed on your web browser by us when you visit our website.
- Third Party Cookies refers to cookies that are placed on your web browser by another party when you visit or use our website.
- Persistent Cookies refers to cookies that remain on your device’s hard drive after a web browser is closed, to be used by the browser during subsequent visits to or uses of the website.
- Session Cookies refers to cookies that are temporary and disappear after a web browser is closed.
- Strictly Necessary Functionality Cookies are cookies that are indispensable for visiting the website in order to be able to benefit from full functionality. If the use of this type of cookies is switched off, some parts of the website will not function as intended.
- Performance Analysis Cookies: are cookies used to collect general information about the way in which visitors use the website. The information gathered through these cookies is used to make statistical analysis. These statistics offer us insight into how often our web pages are visited, on which pages visitors spend most time etc. This enables us to create the structure, navigation and content of our website in the most user-friendly way possible and allows for continuous improvement .
- Social Media Cookies are cookies that allow you to share the content of our website on social media and to enable other interaction with social media via our website.
Which cookies are placed on your device when using the website?
When you visit our website, certain Cookies are placed on your device for the purposes described below.
The following table provides more information about the Cookies used on EBF’s website. The table also provides information about cookies placed by third parties.
|Name of Cookie||Type of Cookie||Cookie Provider (Third Party Cookie or Own Cookie)||Purpose of Cookie||Perma-nent Cookie or Session Cookie|
|_gat||Performance Analysis Cookies||ebf.eu
|Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session Cookie|
|PHPSESSID||Strictly Necessary Functionality Cookies||ebf.eu||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Session Cookie|
|csbwfs_show_hide_status||Performance Analysis Cookies||ebf.eu
|Used in context with the share-button toolbar. Determines which and how many share-buttons are shown to the visitor.||Session Cookie|
|_ga||Performance Analysis Cookies||ebf.eu
|Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Permanent|
|_gid||Performance Analysis Cookies||ebf.eu||Registers a unique
ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
|collect||Performance Analysis Cookies||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session Cookie|
|__widgetsettings||Performance Analysis Cookies||twitter.com||Session Cookie|
|local_storage_support_test||Performance Analysis Cookies||twitter.com||The cookie is used in con text with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the website to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.|
How long are cookies stored on your device?
The period during which a Cookie is stored on the device you are browsing with depends on whether it is a Persistent Cookie or a Session Cookie. Session Cookies are only stored on a device until the web browser is closed. Permanent Cookies remain on the device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted.
Consent of the visitor
You can withdraw your consent at any time and refuse the installation of Cookies on your device or their use on the website and/or delete Cookies by changing the settings of your browser (see below).
How can you disable cookies placed on your device?
Usually it is possible to allow, disable or delete cookies via your web browser or device settings. If you wish to do so, follow the instructions provided by the web browser (usually in the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). You can also adjust the settings of the web browser in such a way that all cookies are refused or that it indicates when a cookie is being sent.
The following links allow you to disable or delete cookies depending on the web browser on which they are installed:
Please note that if you set your web browser or device settings to disable Cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website, other parts of the website may also not work properly and its features may not function properly.
For more information on how to change your browser’s cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.