Vacancy: Meeting Coordinator and Front Office Assistant
EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, bringing together national banking associations from across Europe. The federation is committed to a thriving European economy that is underpinned by a stable, secure and inclusive financial ecosystem, and to a flourishing society where financing is available to fund the dreams of citizens, businesses and innovators everywhere.
We create a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team, we learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time Meeting Coordinator and Front Office Assistant.
- First point of personal external contact for the organization to receive, respond and relay callers, e-mailers and visitors
- Security and, in applicable cases, health checks of visitors and meeting participants
- Provide support to visitors such as connection to wifi, printing of documents, taxi reservation and related matters when they arise
- Various office tasks (e.g. sending documents, receiving and sending mail and packages)
- Coordinate the communication, booking, logistics and catering of meetings at the EBF meetings center or at one of the other EBF meeting rooms
- Oversee the booking, planning, the set-up and the logistical arrangements for meetings at EBF (including managing the EBF meeting booking tool and catering and cleaning)
- Have a sound knowledge of the audiovisual equipment in the meeting rooms and being able to provide basic user support and/or liaise with suppliers for technical support
- Liaise and brief providers in relation to services and setting-up of the meeting rooms
- Work closely with the relevant Assistant to support meeting logistics for EBF Executive Committee and EBF Committee meetings
General office management
- Organizing staff meetings, lunches and teambuilding drinks and events
- Planning, purchasing and sending gifts and flowers for birthdays, anniversaries and festivities
- Manage the inventory of office supplies, cleaning, maintenance products and order in a timely, cost-effective manner and review the suppliers from a cost and sustainability point of view
- Order and manage catering and stock of food and drinks
- Oversee the cleaning and instruct / liaise with the cleaning team if necessary
Successful candidates fit for the following profile:
- A bachelor’s degree in office administration/secretarial studies or equivalent, or, three years’ experience in a similar role
- Service- and people-oriented and a hands-on mentality to deliver results and solves problems
- Representative personality in terms of attitude, look and friendliness
- Excellent command of English/French (oral and written); English mother tongue level being an asset as are other European languages
- Able to work independently and within a team in a multicultural environment
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Stress and effective time management skills; priority setting and multi-tasking skills
- Coordination, planning, organisation, monitoring and follow-up skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Eye for detail & accuracy
- Discretion and confidentiality
The ideal candidate will show considerable proactivity and initiative, flexibility, motivation and desire to be thoroughly implicated in the working day.
Start Date: January 2022
How to apply
Please send your application, with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 29 October 2021
Disclaimer: please note that, due to the degree of interest shown in (professional) positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 12 November 2021, you may assume that we will not be moving your application forward. We very much appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you every success in your search. Thank you for your understanding.